Eaton’s Hydraulic Division is seeking a Metals Testing Technician. This position will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN location.
The Metals Testing Technician will be responsible for performing routine material testing and the organization of test results.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Performs test setups and completes standard and specialized product tests competently and accurately.
- Documents and organizes test results per standard electronic format for simple retrieval of test history and corresponding data.
- Completes annual calibration of all instrumentation per standard test lab procedure as required. Completes all internal inspection requests as required by engineering.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in materials testing using analytic testing equipment
- Must be legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, Minnesota will be considered.
- AAS in Metallurgical Technology, Science or Applied Science
- Experience using metrology equipment inspection and read engineered drawings
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.