Eaton’s Corporation has an opening within the Industrial Sector, Electrical & Electronics Center of Excellence (CoE) for an Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Engineer will be based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The Electrical Engineer will support Eaton’s Industrial Sector, which includes Aerospace, Hydraulics, and Aerospace Business Groups. The initial support focus of this role will include a broad range of applications in the aerospace domain including products such as sensors for pressure and fluid level, engine oil chip detection systems, and oil condition monitoring systems, with future development into vehicle and hydraulics group domains.
The primary role of the Electrical Engineer is to design, evaluate and/or develop analog and digital circuits including microprocessor embedded electronics for aerospace applications. Knowledge of analog and digital design with the ability to model and simulate is a must. Hands-on experience with prototyping will be required to test and verify the operational performance of designs. Knowledge of interfacing to/from analog and digital sensors will be required, along with basic experience in power supply, circuit protection, and drivers. A basic understanding of common communications protocols, such as RS232 and ARINC429 will be needed to perform in this role. The Electrical Engineer will work under the direction of a technical lead, but is expected to take on increasing lead responsibilities over time.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Learns from and coordinates with engineering leads to develop electronics specifications, requirements and other required documentation Works closely with sales personnel and customers to help define end use requirements when requirements are not clearly defined by customer.
- Develop hardware, design and implementation to meet the performance, weight, cost, and schedule requirements. Document all electronic design activities and interface with other internal and external hardware/software resources both locally and internationally, to complete electronics product design implementation..
- Selects components, materials, processes, and configurations required to meet design intent. Works closely with manufacturing engineers, designers, and suppliers to release schematics, part, detail, and assembly drawings to ensure compliance with these requirements.
- Become familiar with electronics design software and tools selected by the CoE to performs circuit design, circuit simulation, thermal, reliability, and maintainability analyses to verify compliance with design requirements.
- Supports supply chain and operations with electronic component obsolescence issues.
- Develops and prepares procedures for and performs/supervises design verification and validation testing to verify design compliance with required performance. Writes test reports.
- Use lab equipment to bench test hardware, perform root cause analysis, and perform general troubleshooting during initial design/development phases.
- Provide “hands on” support to manufacturing during manufacturing, assembly, and test of prototype and production hardware to ensure delivered products meet requirements, are easy to manufacture, and are testable during production for high yield product release.
- Supports design reviews with Eaton’s chief engineers, and customers on site and off site – Clearly explains and discusses drawings, documents, engineering analyses, and manufacturing processes with customers.
- Help CoE develop, deploy and continually improve new processes and design practices to satisfy industry standards for electrical hardware design and implementation.
- Collaborate with managers, peers and technical leads to improve efficiency and support cost reduction initiatives by supporting necessary analysis and generating Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s).
- Makes day-to-day decisions for initiating the efforts required to meet the assigned project objectives and schedules.
- Maintain current electrical engineering skills and knowledge through participation in training, conferences and reading trade magazines.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering
- 2 years minimum of hands-on electronic product design experience including analog or digital circuit design
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Glenolden, PA will be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge in Cadence Allegro Schematic capture and layout, MathCAD, AutoCAD, and PSpice a plus.
- Knowledge of Military and Aerospace industry specifications and standards, e.g. DO-160 and MIL-STD-461
- Knowledge of designing and testing electronics for tough environmental conditions (e.g. temperature extremes, high pressure, etc.)
- Certified in Design for Six Sigma concepts
- Excellent troubleshooting skills/capability required
- Knowledge in the design and development of aerospace or medical industry grade equipment
- Exposure to circuit simulation using PSpice (or similar tool), magnetic properties, and thermal analysis/ processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and internal senior leadership
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.