Eaton’s Corporate Electrical Products Group within the Lighting Division is seeking a Central Specification Sales Manager. This position will be based out of our Mississauga, ON, Canada facility.
The Central Specification Sales Manager is responsible for attainment of sales and specification objectives as set forth by the Regional Sales Manager in conjunction with Corporate and Divisional Goals. The Sales Manager interfaces directly with lighting designers, engineers, and architects and work with local Lighting Systems and Solutions agents, contractors and distributors to close specified jobs.
- Work directly with architects, engineers and lighting design firms to understand project needs, assist in domestic and international specifications and project designs, and manage implementation of the wide range of Lighting Systems and Solutions products.
- Engage with contractors and distributors to educate, train and assist with Lighting Systems and Solutions products and systems.
- Work with the NSM to establish realistic goals for the market, consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability.
- Coordinates with manufacturer representatives to promote and maintain successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers.
- Coordinates activities with the national accounts sales organization to maintain and further develop relationships with key account designers. May act as liaison with established key accounts.
- Analyzes sales levels and trends through market research and initiates pro-active or corrective actions as required to assure attainment of objectives.
- Assures that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product applications is available to customer.
- Works closely with and coordinates activities with all departments within Eaton’s Cooper Lighting and Lighting Systems and Solutions to ensure that company-wide goals are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring agents are trained and using the ControlSpec software.
- Serve as “Voice of the Customer” by making recommendations and supplying feedback to Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure products meet and exceed customer expectations.
This position requires traveling frequently (50%) within Canada
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- College diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Lighting or Lighting Controls industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Lighting or Lighting Controls sales experience
- Interest in working in fast paced, results oriented environment for maximum career growth
- Well-developed communication, organizational, motivational and human relations skills
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Basic Networking Skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.