Eaton Corporations Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Machinist II to work 2nd shift at our Irvine, CA location.
This position will be responsible for set-up, adjust and operate a variety of machine tools such as engine lathes, mills, CNC Machine, CNC Lathes, drill presses and deburr.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Perform operations such as drilling, tapping, reaming, and boring on a variety of work requiring a degree of skill while ensuring dimensional accuracy is maintained
- Create setups for a wide variety of parts
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Work from drawings and specifications using a variety of prevision measuring instruments
- Work under general supervision; work is subject to progress and final inspection
- Inspect work after completed as well as complete all appropriate inspection paperwork
- Rotate to various types of machines in order to be competent in their operation
- Perform Lean Initiatives including Continuous Improvement
- The employee may be required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload dictates
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ previous work experience as a Machinist is required.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge & use of shop mathematics
- Knowledge of Geometric symbols
- Able to read and interpret drawings & schematics
- Experience using a variety of measuring tools / instruments
- Previous work experience in the Aerospace Industry is preferred
- Experience with multi-axis machine is preferred
- 5 years experience as a machinist is preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.