Eaton, located in Mississauga, Ontario, is looking for a motivated individual to join its Software Engineering Team.
This role will directly contribute to the expansion of existing control products and development of our new lighting control products. This position is responsible for designing user interfaces, user workflow, wireframe, user interface design patterns for enterprise & mobile applications based on product requirements, input from field operations & customers and adhering to Eaton usability and branding standards.
- Define wireframe, user interface design patterns, and user workflows based on user centered design
- Define user interfaces for a web-based & mobile applications based on product requirements, input from field operations & customers
- Develop, document, and maintain user-interface specifications in the form of user flows and wireframes
- Articulate product requirements through simple and elegant interaction design
- Conduct usability tests and work with product management and visual design team members to refine user experiences
- Be an advocate for our users and influence the product team and the overall organization to achieve solutions that are right for users
- Create visual assets from the design for the developers to use
- Research interaction design and technology trendsBasic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in UI/UX, Interaction Design from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in designing for enterprise web applications -to include:
*user-centered design principles as they apply to web-based & mobile applications
*content management systems and user configuration applications platforms
* JIRA, Axure and/or other UI prototyping tools such as Sketch, and Zeplin
Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
Must live within 80 KM of Mississauga, Ontario to be considered. No relocation benefit included.
Experience or internships as an Information Architect, User Experience Designer/Architect, Business
Experience as an Analyst, or Interaction Designer
Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies; we have heavily invested in Agile
Experience working with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS a plus
Online portfolio with sample deliverables
- Strong knowledge of user interactions and design
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present design ideas to members of the development and QA teams and answer questions
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to articulate your reasoning while taking the bigger product picture into consideration
- Ability to travel up to 30% traveling (between the US and Canada).
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview
and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable
adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.