· This role is in Record to Report Process in a fast paced, high volume SSC environment that supports Eaton’s global business and operations that use ORACLE application for financial accounting and reporting. The position supports the design, governance and adherence to standard processes for the Record to Report functions which includes month close activities, fixed asset accounting, reconciliation etc. with a high degree of efficiency and quality for Eaton business units. This position is responsible for managing the RTR function and is responsible for the development and deployment of the RTR strategy. This position is also responsible for managing key production metrics and activities associated with quality audits.
· To take accountability and responsibility for the day to day delivery of the Record to Report process for the ledgers that are on ORACLE
· Operation and Functional Responsibility: This position would report directly to the Lead _ ORACLE (TS) with Operation and functional responsibilities. The position is operationally and functionally responsible for the Record to Reports process for the ledgers on ORACLE. The primary task would be to build a scalable and capable organization to deliver quality services at optimal cost. This position would also require working in collaboration functionally with other shared services to deploy organizational strategy and design. To provide functional expertise in support of one or more end to end business process/services in support of all sub AP process such as month close support, reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, etc.
· Customer Engagement: This position would be responsible for building customer relationship across all customer segments. Developing initiatives, scheduling regular operational reviews in the process enhancing the quality of services to the customers. Customer visits to enhance visibility of ISSC organization and regular updates to the stakeholders.
· People Management: This position would be responsible for managing the teams with responsibility for mentoring and developing potential team leads/managers. Building Organizational Capability would be one of the primary objectives of this position. Manages, motivates, and appraises the performance of a team of Record to Reports professionals. Ensuring teams meeting deliverables in time and with expected quality and productivity. Ensuring discipline , Professionalism and caring attitude within the team that helps build strong AP Organization.
· Control & Compliance: Control Changes & Governance of the standard process and reviews regularly with Lead/Peer Reviews/IA/ SOX/ EY audit team. Ensuring compliance of the entity with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Section 404/302) and Co-ordinate with the Statutory/Internal auditors to facilitate the audit process. Keeps up-to-date with key business changes and process/technical trends and acts quickly to acquire the knowledge and skills that will contribute to making the organization an industry benchmark.
1. EBS Culture: Implement EBS Pull to the core.
2. Customer Engagement and Satisfaction: – Drive customer engagement and satisfaction by meeting customer expectations and needs, build customer facing KPIs, voice of customer thru periodic meetings and ensuring timely resolution to customer queries/feedback etc. To plan, schedule and manage the defined business services, delivering to agreed timescales, budget, quality criteria and contractual commitments.
3. Service Delivery: To ensure that the service delivery is being managed in accordance with the agreed processes and procedures with regard to:
§ Service definition
§ Service level management, including reporting
§ Documentation, including maintenance of appropriate review documentation and audit trails
§ Change control (with both customers and suppliers).
4. To report and escalate service issues in an appropriate and timely fashion and initiate timely, corrective action where required.
5. Process Centric: Develops the organization to make creativity and innovation a process rather than an occurrence, to address efficiency and process cycles.
6. Process Standardization: Regular review of existing controls and Governance of the standard processes and ensuring alignment to global defined SSC processes.
7. Process Culture: Defines controls and enforces standard processes for Record to Reports across ISSC-Pune, working in tandem with other shared services/COE’s. Ensure standard processes are deployed across all ledgers supported by ISSC Pune.
8. Strong Control environment: Ensure processes are compliant with SOX and Internal audit guidelines. To ensure compliance of the entity financial practices with all respective statutory and Indian Accounting/Eaton Financial Policies requirements. Responsible for conforming to corporate policies and reporting, legal requirements, statutory and US GAAP.
9. Quality culture: Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate processes and drive process improvements. Encourage use of quality tools like BPI, EBE, etc.
10. Continuous Improvement: To demonstrate a practical approach to continuous improvement of the processes which directly manage the delivery of our services.. Improve formalized standards and procedures in using new technologies and facilitates others in learning new technologies. Proactively seeks and acts on ways to positively promote and foster initiative in own team and other departments of the organisation. BPI/ Lean Culture: Implement and improve processes and operational procedures including, but not limited to RTR.
11. Supplier Management: Ensuring supplier queries and issues pertaining to invoices, payments etc are promptly addressed by working with various stakeholders to drive resolution. Ensure ease of doing business with Eaton.
12. To participate in projects, provide support to working parties and advise on financial practice within the accounting and related transactions area.
13. To identify and manage risk in his/her business activities and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner. Understands and appreciates diversity of approaches and opposing perspectives on issues and adapting one’s approach to changing requirements & situations.
14. To Communicate Shared Service Centre Strategy within Eaton and creates and align goals accordingly to teams and individuals.
15. E-binders – Ensuring strong documentation of reconciliations and other statutory documents to facilitate future reference as well audits/queries by various authorities
16. People Management: Be a people builder by building the next line of leadership. To manage, motivate, and appraises the performance of a team of Record to Reports professionals. Rewards and encourages high performance teaming and initiatives which promote a high team spirit across.
17. Understands the key fundamentals that drive the business results success of the organization and its customers and suppliers. Linking actions and decisions to their impact on team performance results and for creating a business acumen culture among the team.
18. Growth: Establish & grow the RTR process to take up end to end ownership of the work performed out of SSC Pune. Work with the Lead to develop and deploy strategy to ensure a scalable and robust vertical meeting organization design and needs
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Experienced Manager of People (10 years) is essential, preferably a CA/MBA/ICWA
• Must have handled a team of minimum 35+ FTE’s
• Knowledge of ERP required - Oracle, ORACLE, MFGPRo
• Strong process knowledge of RTR cycle
• Knowledge of SOX/ US GAAP/ India regulatory/Internal control
• Effective communication with ability to build successful teams
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent written/oral communication skills
• Demonstrated process improvement and project leadership skills
• Ability to independently achieve consensus and bring forward new ideas to remove barriers
• Proactive work style
• Ability to work under pressure and balance many assignment at one time
• Proven Record of delivery of process improvements.
• Ability to own a project and bring it to a logical and successful completion
• Change Management Experience is preferred
• Analytical bent of mind and problem solver
• Strong organization agility to respond to changing business requirements and demands
• Intellectual rigor
CORE ACCOUNTING KNOWLEDGE
- Must have a thorough knowledge on accounting entries and implications thereof
- Should know how the accounting entries impact through various sub-ledgers
- Should be able to logically conclude on the implications of entries accounted
- Identifying accounting gaps and put mitigating control processes in place
- Knowledge of sub-ledger and ledger concepts, reconciliations and reporting of the same is an essential
- SOX/Audit requirements overview and process- DSA validation support and reviews
- Must have an end-to-end process knowledge for GL/FA and AP
- Should be able to identify the various interfaces run for migration of data from ERP to financials. Knowledge on modes for resolutions of interface errors.
- Should be able to handle basic updates to set-ups for financials or creating set-ups impacting the activities of GL
- Knowledge on the AR and PO Modules and its impact in GL should be known
- Should have an exposure to manage a team for atleast 4-5 team members
- Should have been in a leadership level for about 3-5 years
- Manage, motivate, and appraise the performance of a team
- Be a guide and coach to the team
- Advises and mentors team members to handle complex pieces of work
EXPOSURE to FOREX and HEDGE ACCOUNTING
- Should have worked in activities involving foreign transactions and the impact on business
- Understanding of hedging contracts and implications of the same on business is essential
- Reporting the impacts of such transactions on business – realized and unrealized transactions impacts due to exchange rate fluctuations
• Candidate should be agile and flexible to work in different time zones to meet work and customer requirements.
• Able to work independently; self-motivated
• Adaptable to change
• Able to travel internationally as required
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.