Eaton's Vehicle Group Headquarters has an opening for a Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness (TMOE) Specialist located in either Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI.
The TMOE Specialist reports directly to the Senior Manager of Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness at Eaton’s Vehicle Group. Primary responsibilities include supporting the Vehicle Group TMOE leader in leading globally the execution of key strategic talent management processes and initiatives that enhance acquisition, development, and retention of talent. This role is a key business partner to senior business leaders in the United States, and collaborates closely with TMOE leaders across the Sector and at Corporate level.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Serve as process expert to business for core TMOE practices, including Organization Capability Assessment (OCA), Performance Management System (APEX), employee engagement survey, Organization Change Management (OCM), Organization Design.
- Responsible of the deployment of the Group and Corporate talent management initiatives including those related to enhance organization effectiveness and a culture of inclusion. Specific areas of responsibility include pipeline management for critical roles, diversity talent strategy, retention programs, change management activities, leadership training, workforce analytics / demographics, talent development, and succession planning.
- Lead team building events, facilitate trainings, run specific TMOE projects, facilitate coaching sessions, work on organization design and change management with senior leaders in the United States, collaborate with the regional teams globally on common talent management processes.
- Act as advisor to the business and HR function in the areas of performance, leadership potential assessment and change management; support all group and corporate initiatives aimed at improving Manager and HR business partner capabilities in critical talent practice areas.
- Responsible of Employees Survey management for Vehicle Group including global mapping, coaching and following up on action planning with senior leaders and best practices sharing, specifically if related to improving employee engagement and manager effectiveness.
- Provide development plan/career advisory to leaders ensuring career transparency tools are utilized to support advancement, development and retention of talent.
- Lead global HR analytics for the group to diagnose talent challenges in the area of attraction, advancement, and retention of diverse individuals and contribute to recommend, create and implement diversity and inclusion programs to address the challenges within the Group, including but not limited to supporting the implementation of Corporate Programs (such as training and mentoring) and Diversity Outreach Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 7 years of Human Resources Management experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Strong customer focus, accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to identify client needs and provide customized solutions
- Experience presenting and comfort working with senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience developing business partnerships with cross-functional leadership to achieve results
- Team work attitude but also ability to work independently on specific projects being responsible of delivering high level results
- Interest to work in a global, multicultural, matrixed organization
- Continuous/process improvement experience and mindset
- Independent and creative problem-solving
- Strong influencing, communication, coaching and facilitation skills
- Time management, multi-tasking and change management skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings with various stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including experience developing and using metrics for analysis; extensive computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
- Hands on talent and OD experience, balancing strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Master’s degree in HR, Business or other related degree preferred
- Prior experience as a HR generalist in a manufacturing plant would be preferred
- Experience working in a large, multi-national organization
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Experience in Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness
- Business management experience preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.