Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for an Industrial Hose Sales Specialist. This position plans, coordinates, and executes all sales efforts at assigned distributor locations to achieve maximum penetration on assigned Industrial Hose and Bulk hose sales and other Fluid Conveyance product sales, while maintaining a professional relationship with each distributor and customer.
• Identify customer applications, products, programs, etc. that present an opportunity for assigned Industrial Hose and Bulk hose sales and Fluid Conveyance product sales. Propose solutions to these customer needs, coordinate division resources and customer decision centers to achieve customer and division goals and objectives.
• Communicates effectively with distributors and customers on new or revised marketing policies and procedures as well as periodic review of open orders, forecasts, inventory levels and other goals and performance metrics.
• Coordinates and implements, on a shared responsibility basis with Customer Service departments, special warranty agreements/procedures at assigned customers.
• Recommends price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs.
• Plans, conducts or coordinates technical sales training sessions on standard and new FC products and their applications for distributors and customers.
• Coordinates special marketing or growth programs to grow organic sales. Develops and coordinates focused sales plans to maximize sales penetration.
• Gathers, identifies and reports customer and market information on new or prospective products.
• Accumulates and evaluates data on competitor's products, market penetration, and channel coverage and prepares reports for sales and marketing review.
• Maintains and updates product forecast utilizing distributor and customer input and personal judgment.
• Prepares and submits routine call reports, monthly reports, action plan updates, operating plan updates, GAP Analysis, TOP, and other sales oriented documents to the Regional Sales Manager upon request.
• Maintains office and files for accurate customer performance analysis, follow up and good record keeping.
• Manages primary effort at distributors to increase FC product market share.
• Analyze and recommend changes as appropriate in customer assignments and/or distribution coverage.
• Operate within assigned annual territory expense budget.
• Maintain effective communication across all Eaton sales channels through a sound understanding of the full Eaton distribution channel strategy. In depth involvement in sales cadence process – 360, pulse. Where appropriate and requested, participate in marketing trade shows and events.
•Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum 3 years commercial sales experience or graduate of the Eaton Hydraulics Sales Development Program
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Toronto, CA to be considered.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
• CFPS/CFPE certification
• Basic technical education and experience in Industrial Hose and Bulk hose sales and fluid conveyance products is required to apply products in a variety of customer requirements in a wide variety of industries such as machine tool, mining, agriculture, construction, industrial process, alternative energy, material handling, marine and forestry.
• Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals is required.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of the markets and customers is required.
• Broad range of computer skills associated the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Requires the ability to plan and conduct meetings and technical product sessions with distributors, customer sales and service personnel, or customer engineering groups as required.
• Ability to effectively network with internal customers to gain support for customer opportunities.
• Diverse market and application knowledge to successfully develop value propositions for customers.
• Broad range of computer skills associated with Siebel CRM (C360) and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Market knowledge to assess and analyze current market position and growth opportunities.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.