Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Senior Product Engineer. The Senior Product Engineer will be based at our Irvine, CA location.
The primary role of the Electrical Engineer is to design and develop analog and digital circuits including microprocessor embedded electronics. Knowledge of analog and digital design with the ability to model and simulate is a must. Hands-on experience with prototyping is required to test and verify the operational performance of designs. Knowledge of interfacing to analog and digital sensors is required, along with some experience in power supply, circuit protection, and drivers with compliance to RTCA-DO 160, along with a basic understanding of communications protocols, such as I2C, SPI, and ARINC429/825 for aerospace applications.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Develop hardware, design and implementation efforts per program plan. Document all electronic design activities. Interface with internal and external hardware/software resources. Participate in reliability, maintainability, safety engineering efforts, and internal/external design reviews
- Conduct hardware integration and verification efforts per plan. Interface with production test to ensure delivered products meet requirements and are testable during production.
- Create new processes and design practices, modify existing processes, to satisfy industry standards for electrical hardware design and implementation.
- Use lab equipment to bench test hardware, perform root cause analysis, and perform general troubleshooting.
- Understand requirements capture and management in product development.
- Collaborate with peers and managers to improve efficiency and reduce cost for component development and detailing. Work with offshore, contracted, and other off-site design support personnel as required.
- Become familiar with electronics design software and tools introduced by the department.
- Achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics
- 3 years of hands-on electronic product design experience including analog & digital circuit design, microprocessor/microcontroller hardware design, circuit simulation using PSpice or other Spice Simulation Software.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylum, or Refugee
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Irvine, CA facility will be considered.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Only candidates legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship will be considered.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Knowledge in the design and development of electronics: low power, digital, and analog.
- Electronics conceptual design, circuit design and schematic capture, with board layout a strong plus
- Knowledge of designing and testing for EMI/EMC.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity of Military and Aerospace industry specifications and standards, e.g. RTCA DO-160 and MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810 and DO-254 strongly preferred.
- Experience with Labview, Cadence Allegro Schematics Capture and layout preferred.
- Experience presenting to senior leadership and external customers.
- Knowledge of industry practices and norms, design tools and techniques will be a plus.
- Knowledge of fuel tank intrinsic safety requirements and design, and AC 25.981-1C a strong plus.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.