Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Human Resource Manager at our manufacturing plant in Vicksburg, MS.
Eaton's Lighting Division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and solutions they need to meet the challenges of the future.
At Eaton's Lighting Division, we have a team of talented engineers, designers and technicians working hard to design new products that meet the increasing demand for innovative and reliable lighting and lighting control solutions.
As we continue to lead the lighting industry we remain dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their/your work.
If YOU want to be a leader in creating our new innovative products and thrive in a fast-paced, environment, then our engineering team is looking for YOU!
The primary function of this position is to develop, implement, and coordinate the application of established human resource policies and systems, and ensures compliance with all elements of the Eaton Values & Philosophy. The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Vicksburg Plant Manager, with a functional reporting relationship to the Operations Human Resources Director for Eaton’s Cooper Lighting Division.
Job Description: Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Strategically deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the business strategy and Eaton Values & Philosophy.
• Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor, and counselor for the plant leadership team.
• Lead talent acquisition and development activities and drive talent review process to build organizational capability, supporting a high performance culture.
• Understand the plant strategy and long-term plans to drive the Organizational Capability Assessment process to identify and implement action plans to improve organizational capability.
• Provide advanced coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values & Philosophy.
• Lead all labor relations activities for the Vicksburg Plant, administer the collective bargaining agreement, preparing for collective bargaining negotiations, and leading negotiations when the current collective bargaining agreement is due to expire.
• Administer compensation programs to assure competitive pay practices through systems that reward superior employee performance.
• Champion employee survey improvement activities through analysis of survey data and identification of key improvement opportunities, providing direct support to survey improvement teams as appropriate.
• Champion and lead diversity and inclusion efforts, resulting in tangible benefits for the facility.
• Provide effective leadership and development of the HR team members.
• Ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as: Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
• Evaluates, develops, and analyzes available data to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve department and organization performance.
• Participates in daily Gemba Walks.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- BS or BA from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience working in a union environment in manufacturing or distribution
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with union negotiations
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.