Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Provide direct supervision for Tool Makers.
Participate in decision making involving hiring, training and promotion
Coach, Motivate and council the employees continuously to achieve optimum performance.
Effectively Plan and Manage Men, Machine, Material and Method
Support Fabrication department to achieve productivity by ensuring the tools are in its optimum condition through Preventive Maintenance Program
Implement and support behavior based zero incident safety culture
Engage direct reports in ELS initiatives including but not limited to standard work, 5S,Pull system, empowered work team and structured problem solving
Follow up, audit and coach direct reports on adherence to process and procedures
Maintain departmental personal records, reports on productivity, quality and attendance
Provide effective and timely communication between management and departmental personal
Maintain work, vacation, Over time schedules
Perform annual performance reviews
Ability to lead and function a high performance work team focused on meeting or exceeding expected results while treating others with respect
Utilize Eaton development resources (Eaton University, FLEX training, Off-site FLL, etc.) to develop self, direct reports, improve employee engagement, and improve overall results
- Bachelor degree - Mechanical Industrial Engineering or related
- 2 years of experience at supervising Tool room to support Stamping Press Operators
- Hands- on experience in tools for Metal Stamping (Manual, Progressive and Turret)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and inter-relationship with other areas.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding and positive support of standard personnel and administrative policies, practices and legal requirements pertaining to business operations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and MPR systems
- Willingness and availability to be assigned to any shift and to work weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and direct the activities of a group of people.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.