Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a Senior Human Resources Generalist in Belmond, IA.
Support the Human Resources department in developing, deploying and continuously improving a wide variety of human resources initiatives and programs throughout the manufacturing and professional workforce to meet and exceed business objectives, while driving functional excellence. Specific responsibilities include talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, compensation, training, organizational effectiveness, and development and execution of HR programs and initiatives aligned with short and long-term business objectives.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Lead site wide administration of worker compensation, disability/leave program
- Engage or lead the recruitment process for open positions in compliance with federal and state regulations; work with HR Services and Corporate Recruiting teams; maintain recruiting scorecard
- Serves as the main contact for the management of the Eaton benefits process including wellness and tobacco free initiatives
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of the sites Affirmative Action Plan to ensure EEO / AAP regulations are met
- Analyzes and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continuously improve the efficiency of HR department processes and services provided
- Partners with Environmental Health and Safety Department on Corporate, Divisional, and plant wide initiatives and support MESH system.
- Engage in the management of compensation and benefits initiatives such as: salary administration, annual merit planning process, and wage and benefit analysis
- Lead as appropriate in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations issues
- Develop and deploy process to ensure data integrity in the HRMS system
- Evaluate and improve the ongoing performance related to the Eaton Philosophy and Work Practices within facility
- Proactively promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, monthly audits, promoting safety initiatives, investigations, and rule enforcement
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Must be willing to flex schedule to accommodate all shifts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years applicable experience in a human resources position
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of US labor laws in HR related subject matter including: recruitment & selection, workers compensation, disability management, compensation, benefits & data privacy
- Master’s degree in related field from an accredited institution
- Proven ability to effectively communicate within a production environment
- Experience performing analytics in Excel and other advanced tools and translating information into presentations and other communication channels.
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Ability to use analytical decision making
- Solid understanding of financial metrics
- Experience with developing and deploying site wide training plans
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.