Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Warehouse Clerk to work in our Irvine, CA location.
This position will be responsible for the cycle counting, stocking and pulling material for routers to support assembly maintaining accurate inventory transactions in WDS to ensure inventory accuracy.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Receive all incoming material, supplies into the stock room as needed
- Unpack parts and materials, as required
- Check quantity, type, size, part numbers and dimensions to properly identify incoming material to ensure conformance to stock move tickets
- Maintain accurate and timely inventory transactions within the MRP system (WDS)
- Maintain records and cycle count, router pull reports in accordance with established systems
- Route or deliver materials to storage or manufacturing locations as necessary
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Process returns and scrap rejections from assembly
- Prepare and distribute routing paperwork to various departments
- Maintains filing system for scrap transactions, cycle counts, and shelf life items
- Mandatory overtime may be required
- Other related duties as assigned, which may include moving to other areas of logistics to manage peak workloads in the receiving or shipping areas
- Participate in annual physical inventory
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous work experience in a Warehouse and/or Stockroom is required.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and Life Saving Rules to ensure as safe work environment
- Ability to read, write and print legibly and interpret invoices, bills of lading and other documents
- Knowledge of simple math including the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers
- May occasionally lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor; understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; accept constructive criticism; and work under stress
- Handle fairly heavy materials. Operate forklift. Factory Environment
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Forklift certified is preferred
- Previous experience working with a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.