Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has an opportunity for a Field Service Representative out of our Stoney Creek, Ontario Or Regina Saskatchewan, Location!
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. The Field Service Representative is responsible for the use of modern engineering tools to create and implement designs from inception through installation. Projects will relate to designs of power distribution systems, power system automation, substation(s), hydro-generation, excitation, and solar. The Field Service Representative will use his/her knowledge of engineering studies, code requirements, and field experience to interpret customer requirements and create state of the art value add designs and construction packages for field installation. The Field Service Representative will work with the project team to develop scope requirements, cost estimates, design schedules, and project specific designs following the project through to successful completion.
The primary function of this position is to provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in the areas of installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
- Provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to Field Service Representatives (FSRs) and customers in the areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training, and modification of electrical power distribution equipment.
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Perform less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Mentor less experienced technicians, as required.
- Provide technical training, as required.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton's Values and Philosophy, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.