Eaton Hydraulics Power Motion Control Division has an opening for a HR Supervisor in Shawnee, OK.
The HR Supervisor will serve as an HR professional and along with the HR Manager will be responsible for providing leadership of the facility’s HR programs to ensure positive employee relations and superior employee performance. The HR Supervisor will work with the HR Manager to develop and continuously improve the facility’s HR systems and programs. The HR Supervisor actively strives to ensure the most effective utilization of human resources to meet the strategic goals and objectives set by the facility and Eaton. The HR Supervisor must accomplish this within the framework of the Eaton Business System, Eaton Philosophy and Eaton’s corporate HR guidelines.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Working knowledge of current trends in the field of Human Resources Management.
- In partnership with the HR Manager assist in the development of the facility’s HR goals and objectives, plant certifications and long term HR strategy.
- Administration of the facility’s HR administrative functions. This includes the facility’s leave of absence programs (FMLA, STD, LTD, WC, Military, etc.), HR Information Systems and coordinating payroll activities with the Accounting department.
- Must have a solid understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations (ADA, ADEA, EO11246, EEO,FLSA, State Unemployment Compensation, OSHA, etc.).
- Serve as a technical and informational resource to counsel senior management concerning consistent interpretation and application of HR programs and guidelines.
- Design, implement, manage and improve HR programs to drive employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Coach Managers and supervisors in employee counseling and termination guidelines to insure fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Lead the facility’s Talent Acquisition functions for non-exempt and exempt job levels. Ensure that the selection process is effective in selecting high quality candidates and meets and exceeds Eaton’s EEO standards.
- Serve as a liaison with temporary staffing agencies.
- Work with functional managers to insure proper levels of staffing to meet the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement the facility’s annual Affirmative Action Plans and related EEO activities to insure compliance to all applicable legal guidelines.
- Lead the facility’s shop floor performance management systems. Insure that all steps in the APEX for manufacturing processes are followed. The incumbent in this position will also be responsible for coaching managers on performance issues for both low and high performers.
- Lead and administer the facility’s shop floor compensation systems. This includes conducting annual wage and benefit surveys as appropriate as well as making recommendations to the senior leadership based on the results of the wage and benefit survey data.
- Be responsible for providing leadership of the facility’s Recognition and Rewards programs to drive consistent utilization across the organization.
- Be responsible for the management of the facility’s training and development programs and champion the Eaton New Hire Orientation and On-Boarding Programs.
- Coordinate the facility’s Community Service Plan to promote positive community relations. The incumbent will work with community organizations to ensure that Eaton is given the opportunity to get involved in making the community a better place. The HR Supervisor will also be the point person for the facility’s annual United Way campaign and is expected to enhance the campaign year over year.
- Develop and coordinate the facility’s training and development programs. This includes conducting the annual training needs assessment, developing the annual training plan, and assisting in the implementation and administration of training programs. The HR Supervisor will also be involved in the facility’s succession planning process, including OCA, APEX goal setting and development planning.
- Assume leadership responsibilities in HR Manager’s absence. Perform other duties as assigned within HR function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or Psychology from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of progressive HR Generalist experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Effective oral and written communication skills, tact, diplomacy, and performance assessment skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Strong ability to develop and motivate people.
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office applications.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development or HR Management
- Experience with career path development
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.