Eaton is hiring for a 2nd Shift Machine Operator (CNC) located in Hastings, NE.
This position is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of various machining equipment. To ensure compliance with all quality standards of finished parts.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Must work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe Federal, State, local and company safety and health regulations.
- Must reflect an interest in company safety and health objectives and required to set a good example by always observing the rules as a part of the normal work routine.
- Expected to follow safe working practices, obey rules and regulations, and work in a way that maintains the high safety and health standards developed and sanctioned by the company.
- Monitor and maintain CNC equipment, manual and automatic gauging systems, robots, gantrys and material handling systems operations. Perform all checks called out on Inspection Plans and gauging functions to ensure machines are running within specifications.
- Perform adjustments to machines and tooling to keep parts within allowable tolerances.
- Operation of robots and gantrys as necessary.
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Perform machine changeovers and change tool inserts as needed.
- Ensure that job operations maintain or improve product quality. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Use blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine proper dimensions and gauges to use.
- Use calipers and micrometers to gauge parts.
- Set and verify gauges.
- Complete all documentation associated with production and changeovers.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Update and monitor Statistical Process Control charts as required.
- Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and of company assets.
- Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius to be considered for this position
- Ability to trouble-shoot production related problems.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, diagrams, work instruction, blue prints, process gauges, and measuring instruments.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts with appropriate gauging.
- Ability to hear machine operation sounds that may indicate defective parts machine failures, changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision, and function in a team oriented environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of production environment machinery operation equivalent to 2 years’ experience preferred, including ability to run, set-up and change-over equipment.
- Related education or Eaton in-house training may be considered in lieu of working experience.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.