Eaton’s Filtration division is a leader in liquid filtration that can help companies improve product quality, increase manufacturing efficiency, protect employees and equipment, and help achieve sustainability goals. We help our customers make liquid products and processes clean and pure whether they are involved in sanitary processes like pharmaceutical, food and beverage; industrial water, petrochemicals, marine, automotive, municipal water, agriculture and construction equipment; or power generation from coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydropower and wind.
Eaton is currently looking for a Regional Sales Manager to cover the North Western Territory. This position markets and sells Eaton’s filtration products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is responsible for achieving sales objectives of process filtration products in the following target markets: oil and gas, pharmaceutical, chemical/paint, food and beverage, automotive, waste and municipal water, marine, power generation and general industrial process industries and developing, growing and maintaining relationships with Eaton employees, channel partners, consulting firms & end users. The Regional Sales Manager is expected to manage the assigned customer base, increase sales in the assigned geography, and provide application guidance and technical assistance to customers.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Implement strategic plan to grow business in alignment with Division Profit Plan goals. Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements.
- Prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness. Quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing.
- Build relationships with key end user customers to enhance long-term business prospects.
- Maintain positive relationship with Customer Service to ensure all customer inquiries, orders, invoices and complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively. Resolve any potential customer conflicts.
- Canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements. Communicate findings to filtration leadership team.
- Organize regular training/promotional events for Channel partners. Analyze sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist channel partners in promoting sales with advice on sales and promotion techniques and campaigns. Create brand awareness and technical awareness with key customers/potential customers
- Maintain a high level of expertise of all applications and trends to effectively promote Eaton Filtration products and solutions. Complete ongoing training on both functional and technical skills
- Work closely with the Marketing Development Department to help identify, verify and pursue development of new market or product opportunities
- Document all activity reports, prospects and opportunities within the defined CRM contact management database. Provide a 3-month forward forecast.
- Establish and maintain effective communication flow throughout the commercial team and to other departments. Assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions.
- Represent Eaton Filtration at trade association meetings to promote product as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing or technical sales
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Must have valid driver’s license with no restrictions
- Relocation benefits are not offered for this position. Candidates must reside in the state of OR, WA, or within 50 miles of Sacramento, CA, San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Napa, CA, Modesto, CA, Palo Alto, CA, Redding, CA, Santa Rosa, CA, Stockton, CA, or Sonoma, CA to be considered.
- 1 Year Experience managing reps and distributors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Master’s or MBA degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of sales and/or marketing experience
- Practical experience and understanding of the filtration industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation aptitude and public speaking experience
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and an innovative mindset
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to learn market influences
- Strategic planning ability and strong organizational skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.