Job Description Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
This HR Manager position will be primary responsible for the full spectrum of HR Strategies & execution for Eaton Vehicle Group India organization which includes 3 manufacturing facilities, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, and other supporting functions in India and employs more than 900 employees. The purpose of the job is to provide country human resources leadership to help organization to achieve short term and long-term goals and objectives
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Design and execute the Human Resources portion of the Strategic Business Plan as it relates to VG India including growth, cost out and cultural change plans
- Direct the formulation and implementation of HR programs, policies and practices in accordance with VG India business objective.
- Formulate strategies & tactics to build organizational capabilities and implement process for the development of leadership pipeline in India, and serve as functional driver and process owner of Eaton succession planning process at country level
- Drive core HR process excellence in leadership development, Performance Management, Staffing, Reward & Recognition, Employee Engagement, and communications, and actively look for the opportunities to streamline and standardize HR systems, processes and procedures within the country
- Partner with managers to assess, select and develop talent. Direct the recruitment, selection and placement of employees in a timely and cost-effective manner with emphasis on promoting a diverse workforce
- Upgrade, develop and export talent in positions key to Eaton business’ success.
- Recruit, evaluate and develop high quality HR professionals & managers to meet strategic needs of the business
- Manage the compensation & reward process including job grading, merit and variable pay plans according to Eaton’s pay philosophy, strategy and policy
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs at country level
- Facilitate the promotion and implementation of Eaton Global Ethics policy and Ethics conducts
- Actively supports and drives the Eaton Philosophies and Work Practices, and develop progressive employee relations practices to enhance productivity, efficiency and employee engagement on the shop-floor including the Union employees.
Bachelor Degree in Business/Industrial Relations or Engineering, Master degree preferred.
At least 10 years progressive managerial experience within Human Resources field
Demonstrated success working in a matrix organization with deep understanding of organization dynamics.
Strong business partnership and change management exposure
High energy, strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and result oriented with process orientation dedicated to continuous improvement
Ability to develop HR Managers & staffs in the Plant and build up reliable succession plan for HR organization
Professional certifications will be a plus, ie. Achieve Global, Lominger, Change Management etc.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.