Eaton’s Powers System Division is seeking a Technical Support Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialist will be based at our Americus, GA location.
Position Overview :
Eaton's Cooper Lighting Business is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
This position requires a candidate with strong business acumen, technology proficiency, and a thorough understanding of the company’s strategic priorities. The position is responsible for providing technical support to internal and external stakeholders by gaining a full understanding of the problem, performing the necessary analysis and research to determine causes of the problem, working with cross functional teams (operations, marketing, engineering to name a few) to develop optimal, workable solutions – and then communicating the solution succinctly and in a timely manner.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Communicate with agents concerning product recommendations, technical questions, competitive cross-overs, replacement parts
- Work with 4 manufacturing facilities, and answer any questions they may have regarding product application
- Work with product specialists on in-house orders, making certain that the catalog numbers are valid and accurate. Review jobs of significant value
- Oversee submittal drawing signatures / approvals for future orders.
- Initiate and manage pre-sale submittal drawing request process.
- Work with internal quotations regarding product questions, product feasibility
- Review technical literature (spec sheets, instruction sheets, assembly drawings) prior to release
- Provide input relative to new product development, based on general feedback gathered during conversations with customers
- Review and manage all submittal sign-offs
- Work with the Eaton specification sales team relative to pre-sale opportunities and post-sales situations
- As required, use best judgment to initiate the entry of no charge sample orders, to satisfy customers
- Develop technical bulletins as required
- Interact with post-sales personnel regarding issues in the field
- Initiate specification sheet changes as required, and work with Product Management and Marketing Communications to implement the changes
- Work with multiple manufacturing facilities (Americus, Vicksburg, Mexicali, Monterrey) regarding PDR processing, PDR submittal drawings, general order inquiry
- Initiate PDRs as required, to document the special request / product being pursued by the agent
- Communicate to agents the status of PDRs, and general inquiries
- Perform customer presentations, as necessary, for customer visits to AMR
- Strong PC skills, with emphasis on Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Engineering or Technical degree from an accredited University
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Process Engineering
- 2+ years Lighting experience
- 5+ years general industry experience
- Working knowledge of Eaton’s Lighting & Controls product lines
- Knowledge of Standard Drafting Principles, Understanding of basic Wiring Diagrams
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.