Eaton’s Vehicle Division has an immediate opening for a Territory Sales and Service Manager. This position can be based in Syracuse, NY or Albany, NY.
The primary function of the Territory Sales and Service Manager is to increase the Market Share of Eaton products at Heavy Duty and Medium Duty truck Fleets and OEM dealers throughout the territory. This position will develop and implement business plans to achieve territory, region, and division sales objectives in an intensely competitive market in North America.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Direct face to face sales role calling on Truck Fleet end users & all Truck OEM Dealerships
- Truck Components sold include: Large Class 6-8 Manual Transmissions, Automated Electronic Transmissions, Clutches, Service Diagnostic Software, Lubricants, Greases, & Aftermarket products.
- Present to audiences of Sales & Service people both technical and non-technical (2-30 people)
- Territory includes all of Upstate NY, excluding NYC, and part of VT
- Role will require regular Cycling through territory to create new business, & to support growth in the product line with existing customers.
- Entertain customers as required to maintain and strengthen business relationships
- Collaborate across the entire RFM organization including technical services, call center, aftermarket , and Warranty to facilitate customer satisfaction
- Train Dealers & End users in use of Eaton products, services, & warranty procedures
- Will be responsible for regular completion of the following internal reports on customer activities:
- Report Sales Cycle activities: wins & losses, target product metrics, sales probabilities, barriers to sales efforts, accounts at risk, etc.
- Territory Monthly Report to update organization on business status & significant market trends, etc.
- Assess customer requirements and identify unique needs at targeted accounts.
- Design value propositions that drive year over year sales growth and focus on business sustainability
- Assist with the introduction of new products to ensure rapid product adoption rate
- Assure reliability, accuracy, and relevancy of data in proprietary Customer Information System 2 (CIS2) and Roadranger Warranty System (RWS) by inputting data as required
- Conduct Customer Relationship Reviews (CRRs) to facilitate continuous improvement of Roadranger products and support
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working for a manufacturing or distribution company OR 4 years in a vehicle/heavy equipment customer support role.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong presentation skills
- Ability to deliver technical product information to a less technical audience
- Must possess a depth of people skills to be able to speak with a diverse client base
- Must have strong skills with MS Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for creating regular reports per the above
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- 5 years of heavy duty truck experience
- Technical sales and service background
- Experience working for an OEM
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.