Eaton’s Power Controls Division is hiring a Lead Product Engineer. The Lead Product Engineer will be based from our Camarillo, CA facility.
The Lead Product Engineer will be responsible for the all circular connectors, lanyards and filter connectors. The Lead Product Engineer will also be completing new design of all models associated within the family,as well as the continued sustaining engineering of all products within the range. Attend SAE committee meetings quarterly or as needed . Review new requests for quote (RFQ’s) as well as new sales order files of products within the range. Attend new program reviews to go through Pro-Launch toll gates. Work with manufacturing Engineering and Quality on manufacturing and MRB issues. Talk to potential customers and existing customers to develop specifications for new products as well as discussing performance characteristics. Design and create 3D models of new products as well as production drawings. Direct Test Lab personnel in writing and conducting periodic qualification testing as well as development testing of new products. Write acceptance test procedures (ATP’s) to meet customers specifications. Trouble shoot product problems or failure, conduct a formal failure analysis as needed. Work with assembly supervisors and assembly personnel in the building and assembly of new products.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Design or develop new products or re-design and develop current products.
- Resolve issues at plants, OEMs, end users, suppliers, or in the development process in a timely manner. Support and execute root-cause failure analysis.
- Design tests or test facilities.
- Communicate product changes to plants, OEMs, and other functional groups.
- Obtain, communicate, and include the needs of plants, OEMs, end users, and other functional groups.
- Direct and support other engineering resources for timely completion of project objectives.
- Execute technical deliverables within the PROLaunch development process. Lead completion of technical deliverables at the “Runner” risk classification.
- Apply established engineering processes to complete project requirements, and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Conduct design reviews to monitor and report project activity.
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
- Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
- Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Minimum 5 years electro-mechanical engineering experience OR minimum of 3 years connector design experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylumee, or Refugee.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legal to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 25% both domestic and international
- Connector Experience
- Experience working with mechanisms
- Experience in manufacturing techniques(machining, plastic molding, etc)
- Knowledge of metal finishes, etc
- Knowledge of materials, plastics metals, aluminums, stainless steel, etc
- Solidworks experience or other 3d modeling software
- Knowledge of environmental testing
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.