Eaton’s Corporate Law Department has an opening for a Senior Coordinator – Corporate Paralegal. This position is located in Beachwood, OH.
The Senior Coordinator - Corporate Paralegal provides specialized support to the Corporate function of the Law Department. The position manages corporate compliance for the Company’s North American subsidiaries, documents intercompany transactions (board and shareholder resolutions) and supports Mergers and Acquisitions. This position is also responsible for assisting attorneys on complex or high-profile legal activities. Independently prepares routine legal documents and reports under limited attorney supervision.
Other essential functions include:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Manage the corporate governance of all North American subsidiaries, including ensuring all corporate filings and other actions are timely made and all required records maintained.
- Draft corporate documentation, including resolutions and meeting minutes, organizational documents, powers of attorney and intercompany transaction agreements.
- Manage external corporate secretarial service providers in North America
- Support M&A transactions including managing and performing due diligence, drafting basic transaction documents and managing transaction closings.
- Critically analyzes reports, identifies discrepancies and investigates and resolves issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum five years experience as a corporate transactions paralegal/legal assistant
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Beachwood, OH will be considered
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- Background or education in finance-related fields
- Experience working with international corporate transactions
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.