Position Type:Full Time
Travel Required:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Location:Grand Rapids, MI US
Relocation Provided:Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Eaton is looking for a Global Credit Manager. The Aerospace Global Credit Manager will be located in our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The primary function of the Aerospace Global Credit Manager is to oversee the global accounts receivable portfolio for all Aerospace divisions and provide leadership to the global Aerospace receivable staff. The key objective is to maximize the profit and cash flow for the company by assuring the overall investment in accounts receivable and bad debt losses are maintained at the best practical level. Critical success factors for achieving these objectives are:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Enforce appropriate global credit policies and procedures ensuring they are aligned with Aerospace and corporate directives, business strategies and current economic conditions.
- Conduct ongoing customer credit risk reviews and tracking of financial deterioration in accordance with the Aerospace leadership team directives as well as evaluate the financial position of potential new customers.
- Maintain a highly productive, experienced and motivated global organization utilizing effective management tools (performance measurement, skills assessment and training, process training, teaming).
- Establish a constructive and professional relationship with both internal functional organizations and external customers as enablers to successful job performance.
- Monitor global customer deductions and contested billings, identifying root causes, and partner with plants/divisions on required process improvement initiatives.
- Understand relevant business and economic factors and their impact on the Global Aerospace customer base.
- Provide Global Accounts Receivable, DSO, Collection Efficiency reporting on a monthly basis and ad hoc reporting to the Aerospace Leadership Team.
- Work with the business to establish an accurate and efficient forecasting process for DSO on a monthly basis.
- Identify root cause of issues related to collections, cash application, and front-end errors and drive sustainable process improvements to improve collections efficiency and reduce disputes with customers.
- Develop and enforce appropriate credit policies and procedures and ensure alignment with corporate directives and business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in credit, finance, or accounting.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- CPA/CMA/MBA or progress towards the completion of these is preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements.
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Knowledge of Corporate, region/division and plant reporting policies
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities often with demanding time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to motivate and help direct the organization; exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to achieve clear alignment between plant and region/division.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.