Eaton’s Industrial Plastics Division (IPD) provides custom complex profile plastic extrusions for a wide variety of customers and industries. Eaton's value-added fabrication such as length cutting, hole punching, texture, and tape backing for mounting applications provide customers with the capabilities to complete any production.
Eaton is currently looking for a Plant HR Generalist. The primary function for this position is to be a high performing business partner supporting the Williamsport MD facility. The incumbent will coordinate Human Resource programs and day-to-day personnel activities in accordance with legal, divisional, MESH, and corporate guidelines.
Essential Job Duties include:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor and counselor.
- Understand the Filtration business strategies and drive the Organizational Capability Assessment process to identify and implement action plans to improve organizational capability.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process to identify top talent that meets the needs for professional, managerial, and technical capability.
- Employ coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Eaton Values and Philosophy.
- Manage the deployment of the bi-annual Employee Survey process; complete analysis and monitor action plans necessary to drive positive employee relations.
- Ensure that the performance management practices (APEX) are fully integrated and that the processes are completed to raise the performance bar of the businesses.
- Administer compensation programs to assure competitive pay practices through systems that reward superior employee performance.
- Manage the first report of injury process and support/lead other aspects of the facilities EHS program
- Manage training needs identification, training program development and deployment
- Supports site leadership team in development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of EHS strategic initiatives.
- Supports coordination of all OSHA compliance programs
- Works with MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS federal, state, and local regulations
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH PRISM to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years HR experience
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Williamsport, MD will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or In
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, Business Administration
- PHR or SPHR certification
- 3 - 5 years HR Generalist experience
- 1 - 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 - 3 years experience administering EHS Protocol
- Analyzing data for human resources initiatives
- Coaching/facilitation/conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of employment/labor law
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.