Eaton’s Power Controls Division is hiring a Lead Software Engineer. The Lead Software Engineer will be based out of our Port Coquitlam, BC facility.
Reporting to the Engineering and Operations Manager, this role is the Lead Software Engineer for mobile wireless engineering design center located in Port Coquitlam BC, Canada. This person is responsible for new product developments, sustaining projects, and support service department and existing customers.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Drafts engineering requirements documents to define product functionality
- Designs system and software architectures
- Participates in design reviews
- Debugs and analyses device issues and field returns
- Participates in hardware design as it relates to firmware requirements
- Provides guidance and support to junior engineers
- Implements firmware code to meet engineering requirements
- Achieves schedule commitments with implementation plans, and takes initiatives to identify and remove roadblocks
- Guides the transition of advanced technologies into final products
- Assesses new technologies via reviews of the state-of-the-art and/or through proof of concept Contributes to the intellectual property base of the company
- Works in accordance with quality system procedures and actively enforces its objectives
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with hands on design/programming and leading design projects
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidate must be Legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not available for this role. Candidate must reside within an 80km radius of the Port , BC Canada facility.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to travel internationally is required to visit customers and vendors
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts to technical and non-technical audience is essential
- Ability to convert stakeholder feedback into specification and design documentation
- 3 years’ experience in automotive product design
- 5 years of experience in a senior engineer capacity.
- Experience in Embedded firmware design is essential
- Experience Electronic hardware design is desirable
- Knowledge/and or experience of engineering design methodologies
- Agile design methods and implementation is desirable
- Knowledge or experience with stage gated development processes is desirable
- Experience with software design process and tools, such as code collator tools, code review processes, is essential
- Dedicated RTOS and Linux operating system development experience is essential
- Software development experience using C and C++, embedded web server, operating system design, TCP/IP stack, networking tools, industrial protocols (modbus), CANbus, etc
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.