Eaton Industries (Canada) Company has an opening for a Human Resources Manager in our Burlington, Ontario office.
The HR Manager will serve in a dynamic role executing functional responsibilities for the assigned business group, as well as have accountability for driving talent development and organizational effectiveness processes.
In this role, the HR manager is responsible for helping meet divisional and corporate objectives by providing HR leadership and support to client groups, building positive employee relationships, enhancing organizational effectiveness and leading talent management.
- Work with the division leadership, functional leaders and managers to align human resources programs and initiatives with key business objectives. Drive plans that support operations and business, financial and employee engagement objectives.
- Collaborate with peers and the client group to drive key human resources functions including; workforce planning, employee relations, compensation planning, organizational effectiveness, performance management, job evaluation and training.
- Build organizational capability through leadership of talent management processes; talent acquisition, organizational capability assessment, promotions, performance management, and employee training & development.
- Provide guidance for change management initiatives.
- Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
- Proactively prepare and present regular and ad-hoc workforce reports, incorporating key metrics such as: headcount, hiring, and attrition, to support strategic initiatives
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change
- Lead University Relations programs including the Leadership Development Program. Advance relationships with local Universities and Colleges to increase opportunities to grow talent pipeline
- Serve as a liaison and knowledge manager regarding HR policy, legal matters and employment standards legislation.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize Management of Environmental, Health and Safety (MESH) to ensure compliance with provincial safety requirements and drive “zero incidents” culture.
- Support other HR projects and objectives as required.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Minimum 2 years in a manufacturing setting providing Human Resources support
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 80 kilometers Burlington, ON will be considered
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and responsibilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Proficiency in HR metrics and data management
- Broad range of knowledge of and experience in labour and employment laws affecting human resources management including the various Provincial employment standards legislation, AODA, OHSA, Compensation, and other related laws and regulatory requirements
- Strong coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
- Strong experience in recruiting and selection activities for all levels of employment
- Demonstrates professionalism with all levels of employees and senior leaders
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- CHRP or CHRL certification
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.