Eaton's Crouse-Hinds business is looking for a Human Resources Manager for its Syracuse, NY plant.
The primary function for this position is to be a high performing business partner supporting EP Crouse-Hinds Syracuse site. Responsibilities include the ability to develop, direct, coordinate and maintain all policies and procedures of the Human Resources Department in accordance with legal, Divisional and Corporate guidelines. This role will be responsible for the development and deployment of HR initiatives, programs, processes, and best practices throughout the production facility. The incumbent will be accountable for managing day-to-day personnel activities in accordance with legal, divisional, and corporate guidelines.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Participates in driving the Eaton Business System philosophy to ensure standard, high quality processes.
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a zero incident culture.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- Counsel and influence leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing labor relations with IBEW Local 2084 including administration of the collective bargaining agreement and partnering with union leadership to foster collaborative working relationship.
- Develops and deploys effective training process to meet the current and future needs of the strategic plans of the organization.
- Establishes diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices.
- Utilizes available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote Eaton leadership behaviors and results.
- Direct and coordinate the recruitment, selection, and promotion process of applicants to meet staffing requirements.
- Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality.
- Motivates and coaches employees and managers to maintain high levels of engagement, manager effectiveness, productivity, and quality.
- Liaise with Corporate HR Services to provide workforce with greater HR programs accessibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with minimum 5 years of HR experience required OR Master’s degree from an accredited institution with minimum 3 years HR experience required
- Minimum 2 years in a manufacturing setting providing Human Resources support
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Broad range of knowledge of and experience in labor and employment laws affecting human resources management including OSHA, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, EO11246, Civil Rights Act, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and other related laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of employment/labor laws and union tactics.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Strong experience in recruiting and selection activities for all levels of employment.
- Demonstrates professionalism with all levels of employees and senior leaders
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources from an accredited institution
- Previous experience working in a Human Resources Analyst capacity in a corporate environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.