Eaton’s North American Sales division is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative. This position will be based at our Waukesha, WI location.
The Inside Sales Representative will work cooperatively with outside sales, sales management and internal/external customers to deliver exceptional customer and sales support with the goal to grow Eaton’s customer base in the commercial and industrial segment, and meeting or exceeding sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Support sales regions to meet monthly / quarterly / annual sales goals established by the business.
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally manage customer telephone calls and emails while performing other required tasks.
- Establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines and strategic plans.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales to provide documentation for customers to look at product information and solutions. Provide product and technical information to outsides sales to support generation of sales into the commercial and industrial segment.
- Respond to field sales and customer channel inquiries including price, lead time, selling policy. Do so in a manner consistent with established division profit, sales, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Provide solutions and alternatives to customers to meet their shipment needs.
- Provide direction and solutions on process improvements.
- Act as focus for field and customers in dealing with functional departments, i.e., engineering, manufacturing, marketing, logistics, and demand planning.
- Accurately process customer quotes and coordinate renewal of quotes as required. Follow-up on orders and quotations and provide information and updates to customers and sales engineers.
- Pro-actively contact customers following quotes and sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint or objections. Facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution.
- Manage reserve production process and manufacturing managed inventory.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in product support, customer service, inside sales, or proposal support.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to train others and work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment
- Analytical skills and detail-orientation.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner, and work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Customer service skills and aptitude
- Work experience with electrical products
- Commercial experience, specifically working with sales and/or marketing
- Experience with SAP
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Work experience for a technical support role for technical products
- Sales experience
- Customer focused
- Technical aptitude
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.