This position is responsible for executing the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership in Tijuana Mexico. Under the leadership of a QA Supervisor, works closely with current Eaton Product transitions sites to ensure all quality requirements are met for production in Tijuana, Mexico. Provides quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Executes the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Provides Quality customer interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Supports Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Participates in the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- Analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- Develops and analyzed statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas.
- Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training quality related topics.
- Participates in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
- Provides support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits.
- Review and follow up FAIR’S. Ensure documentation maintenance, including control plans, FMEA, Process flow, Process Charts, Process Inspection, and FAIR documentation are updated.
- Develops, implements, and audits inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- Investigates and eliminates causes of quality problems and follows up on corrective actions.
- Participates in the design, procurement, maintenance, and evaluation of gages, measurement instruments, devices and test equipment.
1 to 3 years of related experience.
1 to 3 years of experience within a manufacturing setting.
Previous Aerospace Experience preferred.
Bilingual English/ Spanish.
Good communication skills.
Strong project management skills.
Understanding of problem solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis).
Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (ISO, 9001 and AS9100 preferred).
Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Green belt certified is a plus.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.