The financial analyst will work collaboratively with finance, accounting, business operations and senior management throughout the PQD EMEA region. This future leader will oversee and execute processes necessary to plan, record, analyze and report on the financial conditions of the Division. This person will also be significantly involved in the development of senior management presentations including finance, operations, marketing and others as necessary
This position would be an Individual Contributor.
List the essential functions
A. Reporting and Analysis:
- Assistance and analysis in preparation of EMEA monthly close and forecast reporting packages
- Prepare meaningful variance analysis and communicate results
- Preparation of on-going monthly and periodic financial reports
- Price realization analysis and measurement
- Product mix analysis
- Customer and market analysis
- Support in preparation of annual profit plan and strategic plan initiatives
- Assistance in ensuring adequate internal controls and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and audit requirements
- Support and propose various initiatives to reduce complexity, standardize and improve efficiency of financial processes across the EMEA region
- Promotion of good financial stewardship by helping control costs, driving forecast accuracy, driving balance sheet integrity and ensuring proper controls are in place
- Coordinate, interpret and respond to ad hoc financial requests within the region
- Perform additional analyses as assigned.
B. Work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, leverage best practices and standardization.
C. Quality culture – Accuracy, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines are critical for success.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- This position entails providing support for the Power Quality Division EMEA organization.
- Both quantitative and qualitative metrics will be used to measure success in this position.
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial), which your position requires.
- Accounting major (B.Com) & CA/ICWA/CFA/MBA (Finance), preferable.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Captive/Multinational experience (pre-requisite)
- Experience in multinational manufacturing industry preferred
- Working Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools – Hyperion, Discoverer, COGNOS, ENCORE, RADAR, DFT etc.
- Experience with working with ERP. Working knowledge of Oracle Financials and Oracle ERP preferred
- Proficiency with MS-Office – particularly Excel, Power Point, Word and Access
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret and relate financial data so that the resulting comments describe the key risks and drivers
- Excellent communication skills in English are required
- Adaptable to varying cultures.
- Work well under pressure and be skilled at managing multiple tasks within demanding timelines
- Eager to work in a dynamic and complex organization
- High level of enthusiasm with a “can-do” attitude
- Passion for business and ability to drive change
- Work timings 12:30 (IST) through 21:30 IST (Possibly 8:30 to 17:30 during month-end critical days)
- High ethical standards
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques and the ability to promote positive change
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Acts as a business partner to plants, functions, and headquarters – sees the big picture.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.