Eaton Electrical South Africa is searching for a:
Digital & Marketing Communications Specialist
based in Wadeville, and reporting to the Marketing Manager - Africa.
This is an important role within the marketing team supporting the country sales organization to realize Eaton’s Electrical Sector growth plans. This role will be responsible for driving and developing digital tools and outbound digital marketing activities as well as working with Eaton’s digital systems.
Support globally focused effort across Eaton to profitably grow business . Develop and drive communications strategy/plan that is complimented/enhanced by business marketing communications designed to create higher visibility and understanding of Eaton’s businesses and expanding products and services . The position is responsible for effective coordination of external and internal communications and relations with business and trade media and will oversee marketing communications for corporate and business lines, including key vertical segments, to support growth.
- Manage/maintain communications program and strategy with the support of Manager, Communications, EMEA and General Manager.
- Work with marketing colleagues (product management team, Electrical communications specialists, Marketing specialists) to support execution of marketing plans, including marketing communications outreach.
- Coordinate and develop relations with business and trade media; oversee PR agency performance with the support of Manager, Communications, EMEA. Support generation of feature stories from successful customer solutions and where Eaton is a major mention.
- Oversee digital communications, primarily Country web-site and in close cooperation with marketing teams in businesses – in order to develop an engaging web-site.
- Manage of development and support digital tools for key segments and target audience.
- Drive internal communications initiatives.
- Build the Eaton brand through superior marketing and corporate market focus programs. Promote and advance external, internal, marketing and digital communications standards in working with EMEA HQ, the business entities in Europe and at Eaton Center
- Actively interface with Eaton’s EMEA Headquarters communications team as well as business unit marketing communications professionals, EMEA and the United States to help position local communications plans.
- Expert at using web content management tools, systems and processes
Marketing Communication and Digital experience would be an advantage
Fluent written and spoken English, including grammatical skills.
- A good understanding of digital marketing techniques (1-3 years)
- Previous corporate, marketing communications and/or agency experience with industrial background a benefit.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.