Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Design new and existing products/components to support Transmission economic and technical requirements of the customer.
- Validation of Transmission components, Ensuring internal and external customer orientation within group with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Performs complex engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc .
• Participates in engineering/design activities and maintains effective communications with team members. Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
• Prepares complex packaging layouts, design concepts, and visual aids for developing analysis and improvement of product. Drives design innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
• Utilizes the understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs. Acts as a technical resource for internal and external customers.
• Responds to customer inquiry regarding product function and design. Root cause failure analysis. Utilize Failure Mode Effects Analysis FMEA, and Design for Manufacturing/Assembly DFMA methodologies in product development.
• Minimum education for this position is a Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in leading technical engineering organization.
• 3-5 /1-3 years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization including experience in organization leadership role.
Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines. In-depth knowledge of various truck transmissions, Clutch & its sub system & components.Knowledge of castings & forgings, basic knowledge of manufacturing process (gear & spline cutting, casting, forgings etc.,). Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers. Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration and Critical Speed analysis. Design knowledge of facing, spring, seals, bearings, lubrication and system integration.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.