Eaton’s Industrial Plastics Division within the Hydralics Division is seeking a Plant Accounting Supervisor. The Plant Accounting Supervisor will be based at our Williamsport, MD facility.
The Accounting Supervisor position reports directly to the Plant Manager and functionally into the corporate finance team. This role is instrumental to manage financial performance of the Industrial Plastics plant including analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, and operational metrics. This position is responsible for cost, general accounting, forecasting and the preparation of financial statements, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
The incumbent will develop processes and controls to ensure that all financial systems and transactions adhere to proper accounting practices and Eaton policies. Insure policies, procedures, systems, and controls for the recording and reporting are in according to Eaton Financial Policies. Ensure SOX compliance. Maintain effective and open communications with all departments to enhance teamwork and profitability.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to assure the visibility of trends and the financial impact of actions taken by management. Process the monthly financial budget according to sales forecast.
- Prepare analysis of monthly closing financial reports. Coordinate and analyze variances. Clearly communicate the impact of the analysis to plant, division and group management.
- Control the forecasting, preparation of capital appropriations, and the spending of capital projects.
- Establish and implement accounting policies and procedures that safeguard the company assets and are compliant with GAAP and SOX guidelines.
- Direct the accurate and timely preparation of annual financial statements. Support all activities of Cost Out / CIP and financial initiatives of plant
- Continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of financial reporting. Understand plant issues and provide information in support of the plant goals and objectives.
- Lead and document a process to ensure an accurate physical inventory
- Lead the annual profit planning process at the plant level.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other applicable corporate, plant, and regulatory policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years of professional finance experience.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Williamsport facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
- MBA, CPA or CMA.
- Knowledge of SOX and GAAP.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ERP system experience.
- Experience in all phases of business operations, including management and non-management in all areas of Planning, Accounting and Systems is preferred.
- Must have technical and theoretical knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Systems, and a thorough understanding of corporate policies and procedures.
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports.
- ERP knowledge and understanding; Mfg/Pro strongly preferred
- Microsoft computer skills.
- Must exhibit maturity, good business acumen, intelligence, professionalism, proven writing and speaking skills, plus the ability to deal effectively, persistently, cooperatively, and persuasively with others.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.