ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
1. Execute FTA solicitation and qualification, ensuring all necessary documentation is retained to ensure full compliance; Ability to fully explain the rules of the FTA to internal customers, detailing why a particular item qualifies or does not qualify for the FTA
2. Carry out classification projects, including work with engineering and procurement , to ensure Eaton items are properly classified
3. Prepare all documentation needed to assist with Pre and Post Entry activities such as CF28, CF29, protests, refunds, drawback, Post entry amendments
4. Identify situations and events where formal communication is necessary; works with others to consider communication approaches; assists in the development of messaging.
5. Conduct projects and meetings with GTM Coordinators and stakeholders in order to review project progress
6. Demonstrates a high knowledge in Mexican and US Customs regulations. Able to provide advisory to businesses when needed
Five to Seven years In Trade Compliance experience. This experience should include proficiency in advanced classification and valuation skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in US and Mexican customs regulations as well as other government agency regulations. Excellent knowledge of U.S. and Mexican Government Import Regulations, including knowledge of HTS classification rules and valuation laws. Must be able to provide advisory in terms of Customs classifications and Free Trade Agreements
Bachelor’s degree required
SAP-GTS medium level
Team player, able to work in a close team setting.
Possess excellent organization skills.
Possess exceptional analytical skills.
Able to work within tight time constraints.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.