The position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations. The leader monitors and manages hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
The HPWT is responsible to resolve any issues related to deliver product to our customers dock to dock approach as well as to manage inbound from suppliers by optimizing resources thru best lean practices to reduce freight and duties cost.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs).
- Drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, BOS, CIF, and HPWTs.
- Champion implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes.
- Achieve key BOS metrics including TRCR, Productive Utilization, On-Time Delivery, First Pass Yield and DPPM.
- Effective management of plant assets through leadership of maintenance and facilities resources.
- Champion implementation of MESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members.
- Provide the vision and strategy.
- Lead by example – be a positive role model.
- Actively engage and recognize employees.
- Enable success of employees (providing resources and removing barriers).
- Empower employees – drive decision making down through organization.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Logistics/Trade Compliance and Distribution.
Minimum 1-3 years of experience leading others.
Proficient in reading and writing English.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills.
Ability to balance multiple priorities.
Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, process focused.
Problem solving skills.
Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary.
Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.