Job Description Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
The Commodity Buyer will lead the effort to drive product standardizations across EATON working with product owners, key suppliers and EATON businesses. In addition this role will participate in developing cost optimization strategies and demand management capability.
The ideal candidate will bring project expertise on large scale system implementations, supply chain and procurement experience, strong influencing skills, and have experience with process improvements to drive efficiencies for the organization.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to drive change in the organization by streamlining processes, implementing new tools, and transforming the procurement capability.
1. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
2. Develop cost optimization strategies and improve demand management capability
a. Cost management (PPV, Expend Allocation, Cost Out Projects)
b. Supply base management-optimization (LT, MOQ, Supplier Rationalization)
3. Implementation of Inventory Management Programs
a. VMI, Consignment, PW, IPS
b. Lead Inventory reduction programs
c. Contracts/Purchase Orders/Schedule Agreements
4. Process design and implementation of process improvements
5. Execute critical, economic thinking skills with little supervision
a. Be a strategic thinker, with demonstrated capability to develop solutions with a long term view
b. Owner of escalations to Commodity Managers
c. Lead standardization of products and services, making strategic recommendations based on future vision and purchase analysis.
6. Evaluate sourcing alternatives and vendor options for purchasing
a. Supplier Performance (Score Cards) & Relationship
b. Performs necessary reviews and audits with suppliers as needed
7. Make sure Purchasing process is in compliance with ISO & TS requirements.
1. Minimum of 4 years’ experience with supply chain management, sourcing, or procurement
2. Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
3. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
4. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel/ Word/ Power Point/ Outlook)
5. Knowledge of procurement systems
6. SAP ERP Knowledge
8. Lean / SCM Certification
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.