Salaried Position Questionnaire
Note: Refer to Page 4 (action verbs) before completing
EATON Electrical Sector
(Human Resource Manager)
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
The Commodity Buyer will lead the effort to drive product standardizations across EATON working with product owners, key suppliers and EATON businesses. In addition this role will participate in developing cost optimization strategies and demand management capability.
The ideal candidate will bring project expertise on large scale system implementations, supply chain and procurement experience, strong influencing skills, and have experience with process improvements to drive efficiencies for the organization.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to drive change in the organization by streamlining processes, implementing new tools, and transforming the procurement capability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
- Develop cost optimization strategies and improve demand management capability
- Cost management (PPV, Expend Allocation, Cost Out Projects)
- Supply base management-optimization (LT, MOQ, Supplier Rationalization)
- Implementation of Inventory Management Programs
- VMI, Consignment, PW, IPS
- Lead Inventory reduction programs
- Contracts/Purchase Orders/Schedule Agreements
- Process design and implementation of process improvements
- Execute critical, economic thinking skills with little supervision
- Be a strategic thinker, with demonstrated capability to develop solutions with a long term view
- Owner of escalations to Commodity Managers
- Lead standardization of products and services, making strategic recommendations based on future vision and purchase analysis.
- Evaluate sourcing alternatives and vendor options for purchasing
- Supplier Performance (Score Cards) & Relationship
- Performs necessary reviews and audits with suppliers as needed
- Make sure Purchasing process is in compliance with ISO & TS requirements.
Place job titles in all appropriate boxes. Where there is more than one incumbent with the same title, list the title only once and put beside it in parenthesis the number of incumbents.
Next Level Above
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
- Cost Out Projects
- Inventory Value - DOH
- Procurement process efficiency
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
- Strong conceptual, analytical critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Verifiable experience in procurement / sourcing in the Electronic Industry.
- Strong customer focus
- Collaboration & influencing skills with peers, and customers to influence and gain alignment on objectives
- Strong sense of urgency, ownership, and prioritization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to read and/or interpret drawings, models, schematics in order to communicate with suppliers
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with supply chain management, sourcing, or procurement
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel/ Word/ Power Point/ Outlook)
- Knowledge of procurement systems
- SAP ERP Knowledge
- Lean / SCM Certification
Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Prioritizing skills
- Ability to travel independently
- Begin each sentence in Parts 1 and 2 with an action verb similar to those listed below:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• 1-3+ years of experience in supply chain management
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
• Understanding of key financial metrics
• Knowledge and skills in MRP, MRPII, JIT, Lean Mfg., Kan Ban, Vendor Managed Inventory
• Knowledge and experience with JD Edwards.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Contract Negotiating Skills
• Blueprint reading skills
• Knowledge of plastics injection molding industry
• Demonstrates a Collaborative Style.
• Drives for results.
• Makes decisions/ Solves Problems.
• Promotes and Champions Change.
• Pursues Personal Development.
• CPIM / CSCP Certification
• ERP (Oracle, SAP)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.