Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Shipper / Receiver I located in Raleigh, NC.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Sort, check verify, record, examine and route incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Receive and Process all incoming and outgoing freight through resource management system.
- Accountable for pulling and processing orders according to pick sheets.
- Use an RF scan gun to move and allocate material.
- Responsible for data entry for shipping and receiving functions.
- Responsible for preparing items for shipment by assembling containers, posting weights, and affixing proper postage and paperwork.
- Process inbound and outbound transactions via order entry system..
- Ensure proper order is loaded onto the appropriate truck.
- Interface with shipping office, customer service, drivers, and carriers to ensure proper delivery.
- Investigate material discrepancies .
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Manages and coordinate required emergency shipments and customer requests during non-work hours.
- Use the principles of 5S to ensure a clean and organized work area.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a logistics or warehouse environment including order selection, packing and receiving processes.
- Minimum 1 year of fork lift experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 60 Miles of Raleigh, NC will be considered for this position.
- Should be familiar with shipping documents, including bill of lading and packing slips.
- Basic Computer Skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow procedures and written instructions.
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime when needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Ability to focus on the task at hand and work under the stress of deadlines.
- International Shipping experience.
- Lean process knowledge.
- Knowledge of PRMS, Vista, Oracle.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Ability to stand and/or bend frequently.
- Working knowledge and experience with computers.
- Must have good visual acuity.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.