Eaton Aerospace in Bethel, CT has an opening for a Solderer for their Space product line.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Assembly, setup and maintenance of tooling
- Recommends design and process improvements to enhance manufacturability, test equipment required to perform testing
- Perform visual inspection of parts
- Maintain quality records
- Interfaces and/or interprets customer and supplier requirements (internal)
- Pull parts from inventory, maintain proper counts, pull picking lists
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years soldering experience in an electro/mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of the Bethel facility (50 miles) will be considered
- All positions require use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S.Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Any level of soldering certification (J-Std); certification in advanced soldering ability (certified to Mil-Std-454, Mil-Std-2000A and NHB5300.4 (C33A.1), NASANHB5300.4 (3A.1).
- Advanced knowledge of written instructions, visual aids, sketches and blueprints
- Intermediate knowledge of quality standards
- Ability to work using a microscope for long periods of time
- Good communication and organization skills
- Work with minimal to no direct supervision
- Intermediate MFGPro skills & ability
- Basic computer skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.