Eaton Electrical Automation Solutions (EAS) Division has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Services Manager. The Technical Support Services Manager position will be based at our Plymouth, MN location.
The primary function of this role is to manage the Technical Support staff that provides technical support for the various technologies that Eaton EAS sells to our customers. The Technical Support staff are the frontline support to customers for Eaton’s Yukon Software platform, system communications equipment, and intelligent end devices deployed to help Utility companies manage energy. Support is provided to customers via phone, email, by remotely connecting to their systems. The team provides 24x7 emergency support. This role also manages an Internal Post Sales Services team. This team provides order entry, add-on sales quotations, and warranty processing support to customers. The Technical Support Services Manager will be heavily involved in supporting and training our customers throughout the lifecycle of the systems and products. This includes driving continuous product and process improvement activities and developing support strategies that serve our growing customer base.
The scope of the organizational responsibility includes post sale specification, internal Sales Support, technical product and configuration change management, approval and documentation change management, and drive customer satisfaction, incremental sales and repeat business. Value in this role will be delivered through a team of over 12 support engineers and 5 Inside Sales Representatives currently located in Canada and the United States.
Essential Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Improve the financial position for EAS and the customer by creating value and establishing the technical support process as a key differentiator from our competitors.
- Drive financial improvements and customer satisfaction on project deployments through continuous improvement of technical support processes and tools. Train, develop and coach technical support engineers in the effective use of tools and processes
- Support and develop an Inside Sales Representative team to release and track customer orders to support the sales of EAS products
- Drive the technical support process and its associated elements throughout the team to ensure accurate, complete and timely resolution of technical support questions and training for our customers.
- Functional responsibility to influence and increase incremental sales and develop “raving fan” customers passionate about our solutions and the value they provide. Drive value selling and customer preference by influencing customers early and ongoing in the continuous sales cycle.
- Develop close working relationships with EAS leadership to ensure accurate and timely forecasting, resource allocation planning and confidence in performance.
- Drive performance against key financial drivers and KPIs
- Motivate teams to collect performance data and benchmarks and to see and act on trends.
- Continue to develop, define and manage a pay for extended support program for new and existing customers.
- Collect customer feedback and communicate data and suggestions for improvement to product lines, engineering and management within EAS. Escalate customer situations effectively to key management personnel to drive acceptable solutions to challenging circumstances.
- Attract, retain, and develop high performing, high potential level talent for Eaton through assessing, selecting, onboarding, coaching, and developing talent that feeds future engineering and product management roles in the business.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of call center support experience
- Minimum 3 years of software support experience
- Minimum 3 years of management experience
- No sponsorship is being offered for this role. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience developing support cost estimates a plus
- Experience and/or familiarity with Yukon Software and EAS Solutions
- Knowledge of the electric utility industry
- Experience developing customer relationships
- Experience using and/or developing processes and tools to manage department projects, manage change orders, and develop cost efficiencies
- Experience with electrical utility projects and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution is preferred
- Master’s degree in a related field a plus
- Ability to leverage resources and influence without authority
- Knowledge of cost center management
- Demonstrated experience managing a technical support team, products and/or services
- Ability to manage competing priorities, resource constraints, and competing customer demands
- Ability to lead using communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and conflict management skills
- Knowledge of Eaton electrical products, applications, and sales channels
- Knowledge of or ability to learn EAS electrical products and applications
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.