Eaton’s Electrical Divisions is seeking a 2nd shift Distribution Supervisor. The Distribution Supervisor will be located out of the Spartanburg Distribution Center in Duncan, SC.
Hours: Monday-Friday 3:00pm to 11:30pm
The Spartanburg facility has approximately 250 employees and is the largest distribution center serving the Electrical Sector, Americas Region. The Spartanburg facility is a cost-center service organization with the central purpose of providing value added logistics support for the distribution, sales and service of electrical products and components, in the US & internationally.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- The Operations Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for a process within the Distribution Center in a multi shift, high volume, high order capacity.
- The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on-time delivery, and cost for their respective area.
- The Operations Supervisor must exhibit Eaton’s Leadership Style while working cooperatively with other functional leaders to exceed the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for employees within a department and the contribution and performance of the department.
- The supervisor drives the processes in department through the Eaton Business systems.
- Assist plant Manager/Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Ensures that the organization’s decision making is based on a process oriented culture – to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a Management Position within Supply Chain or a Distribution Center environment is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location to be considered for this role.
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Prior experience with WMS systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering is preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certified.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong supervisor skill set including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.