Responsible for managing the manufacturing operations to maximize customer satisfaction by producing quality products, on a timely basis and at the right cost. The position will also be responsible for achieving all aspects of the operational goals, while building a strong culture of EBS
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Handling Heat treatment - Non-destructive testing process - Microstructure.
- Establish Heat treatment cycle for new components, Validation and production ramp up
- Manage sealed quench and induction hardening machine.
- Expertise in microstructure analysis for heat treated parts and raw material.
- Hands on experience in sample preparations and micro hardness traverse machine.
- Distortion study of heat treated components and reduction of scrap
- Manage the Heat Treatment operations & special processes like phosphating, painting & welding effectively and efficiently in all three shifts to manufacture a quality product in a timely manner at the right cost. Responsibility includes production planning, scheduling, manpower planning and allocation, and managing to meet production plan.
- Drive a culture of safety in the organization by leading safety programs and driving strict adherence to safety rules and regulations. Lead the implementation of ESP in your area of responsibility.
- Drive strong discipline in the shop floor in day-to-day operations, quality systems, and standardized processes.
- Establish goals for Heat Treatment in alignment with the Operations Manager’s goals and those of the organization. Drive the goals down in the organization.
- Lead the implementation of ELSS in the shop floor. Run Heat Treatment with well deployment lean principles.
- Manage employees to drive a performance culture. This includes performance management and rewards/recognition.
- Lead and/or participate in problem solving activities as needed. Leadership role in HT related problem solving by bringing in resources from Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, SCM and others as needed.
- Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System.
- Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold others accountable for ethical conduct.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and governance. Ensure compliance to Eaton policies such as Equal Employment Opportunity, Harassment, Safety, and Substance Abuse. Support and strengthen key communities.
- Direct programs required to ensure that plant and equipment are properly maintained and that adequate and trained personnel are available to carry out all phases of plant operations.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement and change.
Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Production or Industrial Engineering with minimum 10-12 years of experience in handling Heat treatment - Non-destructive testing process - Microstructure. Establish Heat treatment cycle for new components, Validation and production ramp up Hands on experience in sealed quench and induction hardening machine. Hands on experience in microstructure analysis for heat treated parts and raw material. Hands on experience in sample preparations and micro hardness traverse machine, Distortion study of heat treated components and reduction of scrap
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.