Job Description Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Eaton located in Kearney, NE has an opening for a 2nd shift Maintenance Technician
Performs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repair work on plant equipment.
- Troubleshoots machine malfunctions
- Keeps work area organized, clean and free of hazards – 5-S program.
- Assists operators in machine changeovers.
- Performs preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Completes special projects as required – including design and repair work on material handling system a nd other mechanical devices.
- Designs and fabricates parts to improve machine operation.
- Actively participates on continuous improvement teams
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum 1 year of maintenance experience in the manufacturing setting.
- Understands Statistical Process Control.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems.
- Blueprint and process sheet reading.
- Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Welding skills.
- Ability to run, set up and change over equipment.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls.
- Knowledge of plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of CNC machines.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to complete quality work in a timely manner.
- Fork truck operation.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.