Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for an OEM Segment Sales Manager for our Material Handling business. This position is located in Eden Prairie, MN, Milwaukee, WI or Chicago, IL. The OEM Segment Sales Manager is responsible for assisting in the development, implement and execute a primarily a regional OEM Sales strategy for customer management, there will be 1 or 2 global OEM customers, in order to drive profitable growth in targeted market segments with specific customer accounts.
Essential functions include:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Direct activities of OEM Account Managers around the country and regional teams that ensures alignment with the strategy.
- Develop and enhance the capabilities of complete team through training, coaching and instruction.
- Maintain effective communication with OEM customers, direct reports, regional teams, product divisions and senior leadership team.
- Establish and maintain key relationships throughout the customer’s organization with emphasis on developing “C” level relationships and touch points
- Maintain up-to-date “sales funnel” of customer projects and programs.
- Establish and manage annual budget for department.
- Establish annual “new business growth” sales plan, manage progress and initiate corrective actions as required.
- Conduct department sales meetings at least monthly.
- Monitor customer scorecard measures and initiate appropriate actions to continuously improve ratings.
- Provide commercial leadership, cross functional collaboration and oversight to customer specific VAVE cost savings initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute
- Minimum four (4) years of sales, marketing, supply chain, and/or engineering experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN, Milwaukee, WI or Chicago, IL.
- MBA from an accredited institute
- 2 years of manager of people experience
- Hydraulic industry experience
- Material Handling industry experience
- Technical knowledge of hydraulic principles and our specific products is essential to effectively manage in this position
- Specific knowledge of sales “tools” such as (but not limited to) Karass Negotiation training, “Strategic Selling” and “Large Account Management Program” principles and the ability to implement them
- Able to utilize EBS selling tools, such as sales cadence , C360 & OBIEE
- Multi-tasking skills due to the number of customer programs, issues and initiatives that may be occurring simultaneously
- A comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business and served markets.
- Communication and team leadership skills to influence and motivate team members, customers, and divisional personnel to achieve marketing and sales objectives
- Must be professional and ethical in all aspects of the business
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.