Eaton in South Bend, IN is hiring a 3rd Shift Tool Room Technician. This position requires the machining of high tolerance (+/- .0002) forging dies and associated component parts in a fast pace, highly productive manner to ensure we meet the on time delivery needs of our plant while keeping safety and quality first. This position requires the individual to establish and maintain a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton’s Values, Ethics and Philosophies.
Use welder in order to create and repair various tools for production
Operate and Program CNC Lathes and Mills to machine dies
Safely utilize additional machinery including a hem saw, surface grinder, engine lathes, knee mills, dake press
Use computer to enter data and make changes to programs
Understand tooling and die concepts
Learn EDM machine operation and programming
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a non-traditional, team based, self-directed work force
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years machining experience or technical machining certificate
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of South Bend, IN will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Knowledge of, and experience in the use of inspection equipment and gauging.
- Ability to read and interpret machining blueprints, process sheets and/or work instructions.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of production planning techniques, current quality methods, O.S.H.A. requirements
- C.N.C. experience, ability to read and understand M&G code programming.
- Experience with lean manufacturing in a production environment.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.