Eaton located in Camarillo, CA has an opening for an Assembler II on 2nd Shift.
Sets up equipment, prepares compounds and processes a variety of assemblies, such as standard connectors and special connectors following written and verbal instructions.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Sets up equipment to meet product standards for identification, shell painting, retainer loading, contact painting, wire cutting, riveting, contact crimping and contact hooding.
- Weighs, mixes and identifies items such as inks, paints, adhesives, molding compounds and potting materials.
- Follows intermediate drawings and procedures.
- Performs connector assemblies.
- Performs work with limited to no supervision.
- Trains and assists Assembler 1s.
- Manually loads and/or machine loads retainers into molded plastic inserts per work order instructions.
- Bonds loaded front inserts to molded plastic rear inserts per work order instructions.
- Bonds interface seals and grommet seals to plastic insert assemblies per work order instructions.
- Paints components.
- Assembles and bonds EMI rings to connector shell per work order instructions.
- Applies identification stamping to various components and assemblies.
- Applies paint stripe markings to contacts.
- Works in a safe manner and perform housekeeping duties to maintain safe work environment
- Guarantees proper maintenance of a safe and clean work area.
- Stages materials for shipment as required.
- Prepares single and shielded wires for termination, crimps contacts to prepared wires, terminates simple cables to connectors, and loads and operates heat treat and annealing ovens.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of assembly experience is required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of Camarillo will be considered for this position.
- Ability to use calculators
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to follow process specifications
- Ability to handle components and assemblies
- Ability to use hand tools
- Good manual dexterity to assemble small and intricate parts
- Ability to read, and interpret specifications, drawings and work orders in English
- Ability to follow and understand verbal instruction in English
- Quality inspection experience in a manufacturing role is preferred.
- 1 year of experience reading and interpreting blueprints is preferred.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.