Eaton has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor located in Kearney, NE.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to maintenance personnel; plan and execute Preventative and Corrective Maintenance along with a TPM strategy and to support continuous improvement activities.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Proactively implements, promotes and maintains a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Follow all environmental health and safety procedures and practices to assure a safe work environment. Ensures that all direct reports are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices for their respective positions. Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Acts as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring and assessing continuous improvement and maintenance process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes, Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and problem solving tools such as ELS (Eaton Lean System) and 5S.
- Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
- Actively participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinates and/or participates in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn and by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Manages budget and works with Facility Maintenance Manager to prioritize resources and coordinate maintenance projects. This includes scheduling vacations, training, overtime and shutdown activities.
- Partners with the Production Line Manager to integrate Maintenance planning and resources to support Focus Factory Team(s) cost savings projects and other continuous improvement activities.
- Assigns design projects and Low Bay tasks to appropriate personnel to support continuous improvement.
- Develops projects for inclusion in capital budgets in preparation for annual profit planning.
- Manages capital projects for new/rebuilt production support and/or facility equipment to improve reactive maintenance and machine capability. Evaluate new technologies for application in future equipment design.
- Orders and maintains supplies and materials to sustain both the department and manufacturing maintenance requirements.
- Promotes employee satisfaction and engagement and champions the continuous improvement of year-over-year results as measured by the employee satisfaction survey.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing and/or operations environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience managing a department budget, maintenance planning, maintenance/OSHA safety work practices and use of Maintenance Measures/Metrics to drive improvements
- Knowledge of 6-Sigma and other problem solving tools, read/draw blueprints using AutoCAD, and computer experience in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Oracle and Maximo
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills’
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor
- Experience with machine controls
- Lean/Six Sigma experience and knowledge
- Experience with infrastructure compressed air, cooling and infiltration systems
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.