Eaton Corporation located in Plymouth MN has an immediate opening for a Global Sales Director.
The primary function of a Global Sales & Services Director is to establish and implement global division sales forecasts and objectives, as well as develop global sales plans and strategies for the division to maximize its market potential and sales volumes. This position manages sales leaders and sales teams and directs all sales activities to achieve performance goals in accordance with established marketing and sales plans. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Development and execution of global sales plans and strategies to maximize Eaton’s position and sales volume in key growth markets, effectively implementing product line initiatives and product launches.
Planning, coaching, directing and training sales professionals and leaders in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing their customer base, leveraging internal and external sales resources, driving product solutions and the channel to market in order to achieve market share gains, support price attainment goals and strategic initiatives throughout all global regions.
Utilize Eaton’s CRM tool to drive short and long-term sales decisions, negotiations and close of business opportunities.
Understand EAS Solutions and their competitive position within the markets; as well as major competitors’ tactics in order to drive a winning strategy for target customer accounts, while keeping marketing and management informed of trends and changes.
Identify, analyze, select, and continuously improve the channels to market in each region.
Establish new and/or building on existing relationships with key customers.
Recruit, hire, train, develop, and continuously improve organizational capabilities of sales and sales support personnel\
Develop best in class pre- and –post sales customer service and sales operations (e.g. Project Delivery).
- Experience in sales and sales management.
- Experience in developing direct reports and others, building effective teams and consensus building
- Knowledge of electrical products and strategic selling
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate customer needs
- Market knowledge
- Experience planning and managing the sales resources to assure adequate coverage is applied to major, new and existing customer accounts
- Knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations, and personnel development
- Demonstrates time management, presentation, interpersonal and communication, and teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience in electrical sales
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.