This position is responsible for monitoring MRP signals as well as follow up customer orders to create a production plan that includes commitment dates to be communicated to customer service. This position is fundamental on the on time delivery metric of the business unit.
• Execute MRP to create work orders timely to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired safety stock and maintain work flow on the production line.
• Create and deliver a production plan and sequence to achieve OTD (on time delivery), sales and absorption.
• Communicate and coordinate with product line supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure schedule attainment and recovery if required.
• Monitor and report to purchasing area material shortages
• Ensure SAP data integrity by reviewing routings and bill of material accuracy and report discrepancies to manufacturing engineer.
• Maintain and update SAP material master (MRP1, MRP2, MRP3, MRP4, work scheduling)
• Communicate frequently, proactively with customer service team to meet or exceed customer expectations and provide information on flash report.
• Follow up with production control status of work orders, investigate factors that affect schedules to modify production plan as necessary.
• Follow escalation process of potential issues related with OTD, sales and absorption and support action plan for short and long term solutions.
• Support NPI team as required. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Bachelor Degree Engineering or Administration.
• 3+ years of experience in production planning in an electronic manufacturing environment or similar.
• 3+ experience in MRP Planning.
• Strong knowledge on SAP and Excel.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
• APICS certification (preferable)
• Inventory Management & Optimization.
• Demand Management.
• Master Production Scheduling.
• Materials Replenishment Planning.
• Order Management.
• Supply Chain Continuity Planning.
• Capacity Planning.
• Shop Floor Execution.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.