Eaton located in Newbern, TN has an immediate opening for a Quality Supervisor. This position will report directly into the Plant Manager.
The Newbern site is part of our Fluid Conveyance Division within our Hydraulics group. This site has a total of 86 employees operating on a 1st and 3rd shift.
Newbern, TN, located within Dyer County of Northwest Tennessee, is home to several thousand citizens, numerous industries and opportunities for continuing education. Newbern is a short drive from various recreational activities at Reelfoot Lake State Park and approximately a 2-hour drive from Memphis, TN or a 3-hour drive to Nashville, TN.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Develop and implement a OpEx organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the local Plant and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into the development of short and long-term improvement plans. This includes leading/supporting the operation in the implementation and improvement of the local Quality Management System and Lean/Six Sigma initiatives.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective/preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback (Customer and Division) – and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Eaton Business System (EBS) with expertise in the tools related to OpEx (e.g. – EQS, OpA, EBEA, EPM, Ethics, Vision, Mission, Values, Philosophy, Organizational Capability Assessment, and Corporate Accounts). Appropriate levels of this knowledge must be transferred to all subordinates as part of their personal development.
- Lead the deployment and integration of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) into the local Quality Management System.
- Analyze key organizational quality and continuous improvement metrics related to EPM (e.g. – Customer Returns DPPM, Internal Quality, Scrap, Warranty, Cost of Nonconformance, and Supplier Quality) and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- Actively participate as a member of the leadership team in the deployment of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools process to integrate initiatives into an overall comprehensive site strategy..
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Management organization relative to Supplier Quality activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the Division.
- Lead the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process.
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools/methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
- Recommend new or leading-edge technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of quality assurance and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product/process specifications to determine standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- Manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the OpEx function of the organization. This includes the development and implementation of training programs to build “bench strength” in the organization.
- Manage the budget of the OpEx organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities to eliminate waste, drive customer satisfaction, reduce cost, and improve working capital performance.
- Provide Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long term business improvements by identifying performance gaps in assessments such as OpA, EBS Pull, EBEA, etc. and work with the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Promote plant wide culture of continuous improvement and learning and facilitate cross-functional continuous improvement teams and other project teams to accomplish improvements throughout the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, product engineering, or quality assurance.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- 1-2 years of manager of people experience
- Lean/Six Sigma training or certifications
- Previous role in Quality Assurance
- Quality Management System experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.